I person gotten into a rut lately pinch what I provender nan kids for dinner. As I’ve mentioned before, I provender nan boys early, past The Pants and I eat a mates of hours later aft they are successful bed. Because of picky kids and engaged schedules, their meal often features mac and cheese, basking dogs, chickenhearted tenders, aliases quesadillas pinch a broadside of caller consequence and veggies. These meals aren’t precisely unhealthy, but they aren’t breathtaking and varied either.
Yesterday I decided capable was enough, and I was wished to branch retired a bit. I pulled retired an aged Better Homes & Gardens cookbook afloat of kid meal ideas, and The Tall One and I looked done it together to take immoderate caller dishes.
Ham and Broccoli Pockets Recipe
These Ham and Broccoli Pockets (think homemade Hot Pockets) were nan first caller kid-friendly look we tried, and it was a hit. I will opportunity that nan broccoli spirit was beautiful strong, truthful if you don’t really for illustration broccoli, you mightiness want to effort it pinch thing other (maybe peas?) aliases conscionable service your veggie connected nan side. Both my kids enjoyed these though. I put nan extras successful nan freezer, and they will beryllium easy to propulsion retired and reheat successful nan microwave aliases toaster oven.
Serves 2 adults and 2 small kids.
What You Need for Making Ham and Broccoli Pockets:
- 13 oz. tin refrigerated pizza mixed (regular, not nan bladed crust)
- 1 c. broccoli florets, trim into mini pieces
- 1/2 c. ham, diced
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. pick cheese
How to Make Ham and Broccoli Pockets:
- Preheat nan oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mean bowl, operation together broccoli, ham, cheddar cheese, and pick cheese.
- Unroll pizza dough, and pinch together immoderate holes. Press nan mixed pinch your hands aliases rotation it pinch a rolling pin to make it somewhat azygous successful thickness and rectangular. Using a crisp knife, trim nan mixed into six squares.
- Place astir 1/3 c. of filling successful half of each square, astir 1/2″ distant from nan edge.
- Fold nan different half of nan mixed over, and pinch nan edges together. Gently property nan tines of a fork on nan separator to seal.
- Carefully move each pouch to a baking expanse lined pinch a silicone baking mat aliases parchment paper. Bake successful preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until brown. (Warning: These pockets are highly basking inside! I urge cutting them successful half and letting them cool for a fewer minutes earlier serving them to children.)